Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Transformers.... again

When attended Datum 2009, I requested Zikri to behave. If he behave extremely good, I would get him something... Before leaving the seminar, I called and asked him, how was he doing. Cheerfully, he said that he was very good. I talked to my dad to confirm on this. My dad said the samething...

So, I headed to Parkson, KLCC, to get him a Transformers note book. I was attracted to the book for it has hologram image as the cover... (ni kes mama dia yg lebey2...) I was so sure Zikri would be excited. I was right, Zikri was grinning and jumping receiving the note book & thanked & kissed me... I told him to write beautifully in the book... He nodded...

On Tuesday night, I saw the book on the tv cabinet. It had been there for few days. I started thinking, maybe my Az-Zikri didn't really like the book. I talked to my Mr. Hensem ~ same opinion. So after work yesterday, I made an effort to get something else for him. Still, the Transformers merchandises laaa.... So many of them & they are not cheap... Finally, I decided to buy him a set of Bumble Bee mechanical pencil & eraser plus stickers. Those were cheaper than the note book...

I planned not to hand in him the new gifts, instead, I put them on his study table. As he came back from school, I asked him to put his bag in his room... Guess what.... He immediately gigling, jumping, squeezing his body with extremely happy facial expression & thanked me... and said "Zikri suka sangat". He immediately wrote down beautifully in the note book...


My conclusion ~ my Az-Zikri adores the pencil & stickers more than the note book, even the note book is more expansive...

Moral of the story:
sometimes we think ~ our opinions will do good to others - especially our kids...
do, think twice ~ we would be better, if we put ourselves in their conditions, to figure out their needs...

(...& it's not wrong at all to be childish...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment